Saturday, August 1, 2009

No Doubt/Paramore/The Sounds - Irvine - 7/31/2009

When I first heard about the reunion show for No Doubt, I was hardly containable. My excitement grew even more as soon as I knew my wonderful husband scored us orchestra seats. I can't even explain how much we couldn't wait to see all three bands.
The show started with the electronic beats of The Sounds. This is one of my husbands favorite bands. Paramore was next, busting onto the stage with their big hit Misery Business. They rocked even more so than their last show we saw last year at the Orange County Fair. Finishing their set, my husband and I were curious with what they would close with and I started jumping around even more hearing them start their huge hit Decode, from Twilight.
Best for last, was the multi hit makers No Doubt, who haven't performed together in over three years. I've loved this band for sooooo long. Getting to see them again was such an honor and one of the best things this summer. They started with an intro to Battlestar Galatica, played hit after hit, put a new twist to Excuse Me Mr., and had an outstanding finale, performing their cover of Stand & Deliver.


No comments: